Wednesday, July 6, 2016

The Rocks' Retreat Seattle


We spent the last three nights in Seattle and loved every moment of it. We are so fortunate to have family that lives in the city who welcomed us to their beautiful home, that I will call the Rocks' Retreat (their last name is Rocks). My sweet sister-in-law, Annie, stocked the shelves with yummy organic groceries for us, had fresh sheets on the bed, and keeps the most beautiful garden with a hammock to enjoy. After long days of driving and nights of camping, we were thrilled to be able to relax in their beautiful home. Annie has three pretty awesome kids and a cool Coast Guard hubby, who I got to meet for the first time this trip. The days were spent checking out their eclectic neighborhood, cooking out, sleeping better than I have in weeks, watching puppies enjoy themselves to the max, having connecting conversations, and sharing family moments that I will never forget. We also did some great Seattle stuff too: a visit to Pike's Market, a stroll through the Chihuly Museum, about 6 coffees in 3 days, and a selfie taken at the Space Needle. I have always loved Seattle, and now I love it that much more now that I have my awesome family-in-love there. As we head out to Portland, well rested and ready for the road ahead, my heart is full of gratitude for the Rocks' Retreat!

P.S. I didn't mention the troll under the bridge that Annie was so excited to take us to see. I included pics with our best troll faces possible. 

                                     










2 comments:

Annie said...

So wonderful to have you and be honored with a blog post all our own! I'm prepping for paparazzi now that I'll be famous. Love you two!!

Unknown said...

Awesome!!! xoxo