Saturday, July 11, 2009

Para Vigo Me Voy


Wow! What an incredible day!! I awoke at the not desired time of 9 am(despite requesting a wake up call for 8 that came at 10) and realized I would not catch the morning train to Vigo. So instead, I watched some horrible Spanish cartoons in honor of Saturday morning, then was on my way. I immediately loved Vigo. I am so wishing I would have stayed here instead of Ponteverda. I arrived around noon and walked down to find the port. I must say my reaction was something like ¨WOW¨ when I saw the coast here. It is a beautiful town, and I spent the good part of the afternoon walking around the shops and bargaining for some sunglasses with a guy from Senegal and then enjoying something called ¨Toffee Glory¨, mmmm. At 3:30 I borded the boat to Las Islas Cies, and from there I will take the story over with pictures because words simply can´t describe...










3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Para Vigo Me Voy was a song composed by the incomparable Ernesto Lecuona, a prolific Cuban musician. In English, it got translated into "Say Si Si": 'In Spain they say si, si. In France you'll hear oui,oui...etc.' The Andrews Sisters did that and and few others as well.

Much better in the original Spanish.

El Padre de Pepe

trisha said...

Well, I´m glad you got the idea behind the title. I wasn´t sure if others would catch it :) I haven´t heard it in Spanish, but am definitely familiar with the English version.

Now it´s stuck in my head again, thanks :)

Unknown said...

I heart your blog. Write more.