Monday, July 20, 2009

The Spanish life goes on...

I am writing from the magical sala de ordenadores, opposed to the other one where the space bar doesn´t work on one computer and the internet doesn´t work on 3 others and sure enough, if you would like to add a question mark on 2 of them you can´t. So I found this magical computer room that I am not going to tell anyone about. Anyway, Spain is going well. I am now more accustomed to eating at 8, 2 and 10. It took awhile, and still the idea of toast for breakfast isn´t really doing it for me, but I realized yesterday that I haven´t had to grocery shop, cook or clean for almost 3 weeks! YAY for that!

I´ve offically started my second week of classes and this week began with two new professors. The theme of my cultural class is El Camino de Santiago, and the focus of this week is art and music. Next week is food, and I think we are all look forward to the gastronomy tour that is coming. At times I feel so overwhelmed by the Spanish, and at others I forget I am speaking it. It´s different to experience the language with only other language teachers (fortunatley none go around correcting everyone:).

To be honest, I don´t have many highlights. Oh, that´s a lie... I saw a film last night. It was called Un Novio para mi Mujer (a boyfriend for my wife). It was supposed to be a comedy, but knowing foreign films you can never trust the label. My friends and I thought it was much more of a drama than a comedy, but none the less happy we had Sunday night plans.

For now I am off to help a friend who is here who knew NO Spanish before coming. Pobresita, I cannot imagine.

besos a todos.
Trisha

1 comment:

Joey said...

Space bars that work? That's unpossible!?

--Joey